Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

We have a babysitter!

I never thought I'd find someone who would make me feel 100% comfortable while they watched my kiddies... I was wrong. We've been blessed to find Nadia, a single 26 year old who has had her fair share of experience with kids. Her family has adopted two kids from Haiti and is also a foster family. When I was prepping her, I was telling her that Lana cries when she gets tired and can sometimes be hard to handle she replied with "it can't be as bad as some of the babies that her family has fostered, we've had our fair share of babies that have been battling addiction". My draw dropped, my first reaction was "that is SO sad" but then I started realizing that if anyone could handle my little monkeys it would be her.

On Sunday we went to Rexal to see our favorite comedian and we left the kids with her for the evening. Robbie was a little bit uncooperative, for the past couple of days he hadn't been himself. Using the word "no" wayyyyy too much, forgetting his manners and being a real fuss butt. I guess as she went through the bed time routine he said a lot of "no, mommy do that!" which will change as he grows and the more time she spends with him. I emailed her asking if we could use her again and if there was anything we could have done to make it smoother for her, seeing as though this is our first babysitter that's not family or friends. She replied saying that she had a great time and that it couldn't have gone any smoother than it did. That made me feel great.

I'm really excited for the chance to spend some quality time with my hubby on a more regular basis!

No comments: