Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tobogganing

Yesterday Lana spent the day at the dayhome and the weather was suppose to be quite balmy compared to what we've been dealing with these past couple of weeks, so RW and I got all suited up and hit the hill with our sled and tube.


The first couple of slides down the hill he wanted to go with me but on the third one he was feeling more comfortable so he went down himself. He did so good, held onto the handles and was going the perfect speed for his size. After he stopped he was rolling around in the snow with excitement while telling me to go (using the tube)... oh Nelly, I've never been on a tube before and I had no idea how much speed that thing has! I was going way too fast and hit a bump, I lost control and went flying right into my little man. The tube hit the back of his head (he's perfectly fine) and forced it forward, gaving him a face wash in the snow. I figured we'd be done - I was waiting for this snowy-white face to start crying and demanding to go home. To my surprise he was okay, I brushed his face off and rearranged his hat and he got up and was running up the hill again! I'm so proud of him, we must have done 6 or 7 runs and he didn't complain once about the hike up the hill.


On our walk back to the car he fell over and started making snow angels, it was such a wicked Mommy-Son day. This morning he woke me up and started asking me when Lana's going to Christie's next so that we can go sledding, here's hoping the weather's nice on Friday!!

No comments: