Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!

Well there's a lot to write about, hopefully I cover everything.

Colin is officially an Edmontonian again, he started his new job on the 17th. He seems to be really enjoying the work and his co-workers, they even went to the extent to say that there wasn't anyone else that they were interested in... he had them at "hello", so to speak. hehe. So I've been playing single parent ever since his move, which has been great! He's been such a good baby. I'm now working only two days a week, Colin use to be the one to pick up Robbie from the day home but now I leave work early to pick up the monkey. Mondays I work 10-3:45 and Wednesdays 12-3:45.

On Friday Robbie & I made the trek up to Edmonton to be with Daddy and all of that side of the family. I've gotta tell ya, Col & I were SUPER nervous about the whole trip. In the past Robbie's been horrible in the car and a horrible sleeper while we were up there. We hit the road on Friday morning just before 6am, I had made a bottle as a last resort if he wasn't able to put himself back to sleep in the car. Thankfully he dozed off right around Didsbury and didn't wake up again until we hit the outskirts of Edmonton! It was perfect timing, we got there around 8:30 (?) and were greeted with a bunch of smiles from Nana and Daddy. We got to spend the whole day catching up with each other, in the late afternoon (after Robbies nape) we drove out to Nan and Grandpa's to have dinner with them, Shari, Kailey, Nana and Carson (Nana was babysitting him for the evening). I was hoping that Robbie would have played more with Kailey, instead he was more like "get out of my way" "hey, I was playing with that"... I'm sure as they get older and the more that they can communicate the closer they'll get. That night Robbie slept through the night! (woohoo!) The only complaint that I have is that he went to bed close to 9:30 (and now goes to bed at 9 as opposed to 7:30-8) We had a great visit with the whole family on Saturday with a massive ham dinner with all the fixings. On Sunday we headed home, I originally wanted to leave around 11ish... fairly close to when he usually goes for a nap but I think Robbie was a little pooped from the past couple of days and started to get cranky around 10ish, so we were on the road by 10:30. He slept until Innisfail and was a good baby all the way home, talking to me about his shoes, socks, grapes and yogurt... the root of all good conversations ;) We got home around 1 and ended up making an impromptu appearance at my parents place for a yummy turkey dinner.

Thank you to all of our families for opening your arms, hearts and doors to us during this holiday weekend, we had a wonderful time!

A little update on some of Robbies new words: Grampie (sounds EXACTLY like "go away), yogurt, grape, night night, and Nana. Auntie Alison's trying soooo hard to get him to say her name, he keeps on getting better every time he tries (still has a way to go before you can figure out what he's saying)

More exciting news, Robbie has a big boy bed and he's sleeping in it right now! YAYYYYYY! He got out of bed once right after I put him down and I carried him back to bed, laid him down and rubbed his belly while telling him it's night night time... once he repeated it to me I knew he understood. This bed is an expandable bed, the head and foot boards collapse to make a twin size bed. It's also really low to the ground so I didn't end up putting a bed rail on it (put a folded duvet on the floor instead, just in case) He was up a couple times last night (night terrors) so I think I'll be woken up by my monkey in my room... one thing I didn't think to get is night lights. I don't want him running into any walls.

No comments: