Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Calgary Trip


Sorry it's taken sooo long to blog, the house has been crazy... a good crazy, though :)


Lana and I were lucky enough to fly to Calgary while Colin and Robbie drove down. The original plan was that Colin was going to take his time and stop in Red Deer for lunch and a chance for Robbie to stretch his legs. They surprised Auntie Alison (who was picking us up) and I when they made it to the airport just as Lana and I got off the plane! Lana did splendid, I had fed her in the lobby while waiting to board the plane and once we were seated she started to get a little fussy but as soon as the engines started up she calmed down and fell asleep right at take off :) We spent Thursday night with the family, Alison and Steve were able to come over and have dinner with us - it was nice to reconnect again!


Friday was a great day. I was able to get my hair cut and colored (it's been 8 months since my last one) and then that evening Grammie and Grampie were nice enough to watch the kiddies for us while Colin and I got to go out to celebrate Valentines Day! We drove out to Bragg Creek to our favorite German restaurant and then we went to catch a movie. It was such a treat, I had been saving all my pumped milk for that night, thankfully there was plenty!


Saturday was a nice low key day, we got to see Alison and Steve briefly and the rest of the day was spent playing with the kiddies!

Sunday was our family get together. We Alison and Steve, two girl friends over who are both pregnant and the Watson's (old family friends) all came to meet Lana and play with Robbie.


Monday we drove home, Robbie was so pooped from all the Grampie love that she zonked out as we left the city. On our way home we stopped in Wetaskiwin to see Rick and Diane, Robbie was quiet taken by Rick and was constantly asking him to give Lana to Diane or I so that her could have Gido all to himself.

It was a very successful trip, thank you to everyone who made it so special for us. Next month we're heading down there again for the Doodlebops!! I can't wait to tell him that he gets to see Moe!

No comments: