Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Friday, July 13, 2007

Bye-Bye

It's so cute, when he's in his happy mood he'll constantly say "bye-bye" or "bye"... the TV was on yesterday morning and he was busy playing with his toys when a cell phone commercial came on and someone on the TV said bye-bye... well lone behold I hear Robbie reply "bye-bye"! It broke my heart, I'm so proud of him. Today we were on our way out the door to go for a walk and I picked up my keys and, again, he said "bye-bye". I had to put the keys down to put his hat on and then picked them back up and he said it AGAIN!



His top right tooth is starting to come in. It hasn't pierced the skin yet, but the right side is significantly whiter than the left.... maybe in a couple more weeks (?) and then hopefully it'll make it's grand entrance.

I took Robbie down to the Stampede grounds on Wed afternoon. It was a beautiful day (28 degrees) I was hoping to put Robbie on a couple of rides but when we got down to the kiddie zone I didn't feel comfortable leaving the stroller, diaper bag & baby carrier alone while I took him on a couple of rides, so we watched the kids go on them. There were a couple of pre-teens (weren't tall enough for the adult rides but too old for the kiddie rides) that were on this one ride and were screaming their lungs off pretending it was scary.... it spooked Robbie, I think he thought that they were being hurt. I stayed there with him until the girls got off the ride and he was able to see that they were smiling and walking away unharmed. He stopped crying once he saw them smile.

He got to pet a horse while we were down there! There was a row of about a dozen of gorgeous horses for the public to pet and to talk to the riders. I picked up Robbie and brought him over to a horse that wasn't getting any attention... I think the horse knew that Robbie was a little scared, the horse took his time slowly moving his nose closer to Robbie. I showed him how to pet the horse and Robbie reached out on his own and pet the horse on his own with an open hand (when he's pet dogs in the past he'll end up making a fist and pulling their hair). After the horses we went into the Agricultural building to see all the animals, we spent a lot of time looking at the sheep. Nan gave Robbie some touch & feel books and one of them are all about barn animals, every time he looks through the book I make the animal sounds... so when he heard the sheep's bahh'ing it startled him and confused him that I wasn't making the sound! It was pretty funny, the sheep would walk right up to Robbie and bahh right in his face. It didn't bother him at all, he was pretty excited to watch them. We walked through the midway and then went through all the games that they've got set up when a gentleman stopped us and gave Robbie a fuzzy toy dog and said he didn't want to carry it around all day, Robbie was tickled pink! He held onto that dog for a good 30 mins and then started to play his "If I throw it overboard mom will pick it up and give it back" (I love that game.... NOT!)

Today is Colin's last day @ Symantec. I'm really excited for him, I know that he's still got doubts about leaving such a massive company but I think he's doing the right thing. I think in a couple of months he'll be asking himself why he didn't make this decision earlier. Grampy's coming by this afternoon to watch Robbie for the evening while Colin & I are going to go down to the grounds and have some quality time together =) Him & I (along with the rest of my family) love to watch the chuck wagon races followed by the Grandstand show so we're going to try and get tickets to see that tonight.


I probably won't be posting too much in the next couple of weeks as we've got birthdays, weddings and stagettes to go to as well as work. Colin & I are trying to get these birthday invites done & sent out... keep your eyes peeled.

No comments: