On to more happier stories....
Last night Robbie was up several times throughout the night (he's been doing this on & off.... it's a mixture of teething and a growth spurt he's going through right now) He was up @ midnight and drank another 6oz and he went back to bed. Then he was up at 1:30am (he put himself back to sleep after a little bit of whimpering) and again at 2:15am.... I picked him up and gave him a dose of Tylenol. He sat on my lap while I rocked with him in the rocking chair while singing Phantom of the Oprah (I think he likes the music because we saw the musical when I was 9 months pregnant and sitting in front row) I was singing song after song and then he turns his head to look at me and leans into me and gives me a kiss (his big slobbery open mouth kisses) I started bawling.... HE LOVES ME! All these sleepless nights, fussy baby, open sores.... all made it worthwhile with that one little kiss that he wanted.
He's getting so good and giving and taking. When we're playing catch if I say "give" he'll throw/give the ball to me. He loves chasing the ball, he crawl ('cause that's the fastest way to get to it) and he'll stand up and walk it back to us. He loves going into the bathroom and into my drawer where all my makeup and jewelery is and throwing everything on the floor. He'll come into the living room with my blush or eyeshadow and a makeup brush and will be whacking the two together in joy.
Robbie is officially eating everything we are. Steak, chicken, bison, fish, pasta, rice, etc he'll eat it all as long as there's flavour to it. My lovely husband made sweet and sour chicken one night and he was really into it, eating everything that was put in front of him.
He is fascinated with the diaper champ. An
ything that he finds he tries to shove it into the champ in hopes that he can turn the handle and put it down the shoot (we've already lost a bottle of Tylenol to this new game) Why don't they child proof this essential tool? As you can see from the picture, he's tried his toys, clothes, Vaseline... whatever the little guy can get into.
UPDATE:
As I was writing this blog the hospital called to book the surgery. He's scheduled for Oct 09. The hospital will call closer to the date to confirm his day surgery & give us a time.


No comments:
Post a Comment