I feel SO much better after having seen the doctor. As soon as she asked me if I had any questions I brought up my experience with the health clinic yesterday, she was quick to squash the idea that Robbie is overweight. According to her chart he's in the 75th percentile for weight (the Dr's office had Robbie strip down naked whereas he was wearing all of his clothes at the health clinic... and had a fully tummy) The Dr told me that the nurses said the same thing about her kids!
She recommended that we try to get rid of the bottles and switch to a sippy cup because the older they get the harder it is for them to part with. I'm not sure if we'll try using a sippy cup or try cutting the bottle out cold turkey. Robbie seems to really enjoy this C. George book and it may be able to replace the bottle... the only thing is that when Robbie gets himself so worked up and so upset his bottle always calms him down.
So this has been a great day & I'm so happy that I booked the doctors appointment after his appointment for his shots!


No comments:
Post a Comment