Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Robbie's 1.5 years old!

6 more months until he's 2!!!! Where has the time gone?! Time for a little update.

This afternoon I took Robbie for his 18 month shots. The good news is that he doesn't have to go again until he's 4.5yrs old! WOOHOO. So we got him weighed and the nurse gave me his growth chart to keep, which will be really cool to keep. Robbie's around the 90th percentile for weight and just over the 50th percentile for height... so then the nurse fliped over the sheet to show me that he's overweight. So she says it's routine for her to fax the graph to the doctor to inform them of the babies weight status as well she gave me a lovely little flyer about what I should and shouldn't feed my baby and tells me all about how exercise is good for my child.... get out of here, really? (Please note my sarcasm) Am I completely oblivious? I thought all babies had a little belly on them. I'm really taking this personally, I know I shouldn't... but it hurts my feelings when she handed me that yellow pamphlet to teach me on how to be a better parent. *sigh* Tomorrow we're off to see the Dr for his 1.5 year visit; I'll talk to her about it then. He was a brave boy while he got his shots, she gave 2 shots... one in each arm. Once she was done with the first shot he was crying and kept saying "all gone" over and over, poor thing. The nurse gave him colourful band-aids on each arm and a sticker too. As soon as we let the nurses office and he was back playing with the toys he forgot all about the pain he just went through.



On to the developments:

Robbie's become quite the climber, he can climb onto any chair/couch that we have. He fusses if he doesn't get it on his first try but after a couple of attempts his up there and so proud to be sitting in his own chair like a big boy. At the end of the night when he's winding down he likes to sit on the couch with me and watch some Treehouse... which leads me to my next update. Monkey has become VERY attached to me. At first I thought it was cute that he would walk right by Daddy and come to grab my hand and lead me off to Robbieworld but it's becoming so tiresome. He's gotten to the point where he grabs my hand and leads me to the middle of the hallway and stops to just stare at me! When I go to walk away he starts to cry :( He throws little temper tantrums when I say "no" which, in turn, puts him into a time out.

I LOVE doing his new night time routine with him! We get his PJ's on and we read a book/story while he drinks his new bottles. Right now we're reading the Curious George book that Nan got Robbie... he loves it! There's about 10 different stories within the book and even if Robbie finishes his bottle before the story's over he'll sit quietly on my lap and will listen to the rest of it. OH! I also bought him new bottles. I was tossing between glass and plastic, I ended up buying 2 expensive plastic bottles (Bisphenol-A free). They've been working out really well, Robbie had no problem taking them & he guzzles his bottle down in record time. 2 bottles is all we need now... if that, Robbie's big bottle is still right before bed & he seldom gets a bottle during his one nap.

Just recently he's started talking to himself when he wakes up; it's so cute to listen to... I wonder what he's doing. These are the days I wish I had a camera set up in there to see who/what he's talking to and what he's doing.

No comments: