Seriously... Colin and I are having the time of our lives with him.
He's loving.
He's compassionate.
He's funny.
He's sassy.
He's a sweet talker.
He's everything we could ever ask for in a little man!
Here's a couple updates that I have yet to blog about:
- Vitamins. He's taking one chewy flinstone vitamin a day and he LOVES them! He reminds me every day about his "treat". I pour a couple out onto my hand and let him choose which colour he wants. He always wants it in the mornings but I let him know that he can have it after his nap, he always seems to want to go for a nap after I tell him that :P
- Story time. Colin has been reading the bed time story for the past couple of days, Robbie's initial reaction was is not one of pleasure. I've been getting into bed with him so that it's a little easier of a transition for him. We let him bring two toys to bed, he's got so many little people and mega block animals that I line them up and let him pick which ones he wants to take to bed. It use to be such an easy decision but now he just hums and haws over which two he wants to take, so I've started doing a count down - once I get to 10 whatever 2 toys you have in your hands are the two you go to bed with.
- Bath time. He went through a phase where he could care less if he had one or not, but now he's asking for one every night. Why? A couple of weeks ago he was going through some bottles and found his bubbles and wanted me to blow some for him, I told him we would play with bubbles at bath time. He wouldn't let me forget that he was going to have floating bubbles in his bath that night and now every night he wants bubbles! I wonder if Toys R Us sells bubbles during winter? I'm running low!
Last night Colin was reading George to Robbie, he got half way through the story when Robbie noticed Colin's "nubbin" on his bald head and proceeded to push it and laugh hysterically. I swear, he didn't hear another bit of the story... he was laughing SO hard. I couldn't help but laugh with him.
We donated a bunch of baby Robbie clothing along with some of my old maternity stuff. Robbie had a ball playing with the empty plastic bins.
We've been having a little bit more progress with the potty, he's asked to go several times throughout the day. Unfortunately he has next to no desire to go during the afternoon/evening... all in time, he knows when he goes poop and he usually doesn't like that feeling so it's a step in the right direction :)
We had Julia and Rich visit us yesterday from Calgary. Last time we saw them was right after Robbie's birthday, so it was a nice visit to catch up with each other! They've noticed that he's "talking" a lot more, he says a couple of key words and then babbles to make a "sentence".


No comments:
Post a Comment