As much as I'm REALLY looking forward to adding to our growing family a little part of me is a little sad that this is my last month (plus a couple weeks) with just Robbie. Come December our lives are going to change permanently, they'll be another little one that will be calling me mommy... how odd is that?!
My little monkey was so excited when he woke up from his nap on Saturday to find that Auntie Alison and Uncle Steve came to play! He had Uncle Steve chasing him around the kitchen table and was smacking Auntie Alison's bum... he had a ball! They brought him a really cool jersey (size 3T that fits him!!) along with a really cool night light in the shape of a ghost. Sunday morning we all went out for some breakfast, Robbie hasn't been to a restaurant in eons and I was really impressed with him! He sat in his high chair and stacked all of the creamers (I use to do this all the time growing up... and still do :P) then he re-arranged all the cards in my wallet, the food took forever to come and he sat there like a champ! We had such a great visit with them and it caught me off guard when I said "wow, next time I see you I'll have a little girl in my arms".... eeeeep!
He went to April's yesterday and she continues to comment on how good he is. It seems like a couple of the other boys are acting out and have been put in time outs several times throughout the day and Robbie chooses to avoid their conflict instead of getting involved, hooray for him!! My only worry is that he might once #2 arrives, Colin and I have talked about how we really need to give him some one on one attention to avoid any issues. I think because it'll be so close to the holiday season that we'll be lucky because he'll have all the relatives to play with too.
We're working really hard on Robbie's speech. He's trying so hard to put full sentences together but seems to get lazy, one night Robbie and I were having dinner at the table when he called for Colin. I told him "Daddy's watching hockey" and Robbie tried a dozen times to repeat what I said, the majority of the time he would say "Daddy... (pause)... hockey" we would break down the word "watching" and he was able to say the three words together once or twice. Now every time Daddy doesn't come when he's being called Robbie looks at me and says "Daddy....(pause)... hockey". Last night Colin was making rice and Robbie said " Daddy... hockey" and we tried to get him to say "Daddy making rice" but just like the other sentence all he could say was "Daddy....(pause)... rice". He'll get it eventually!


No comments:
Post a Comment