Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Here we go again

He's teething again!

It was like a light switch got turned on around 2:30 today. He started crying uncontrollably, resting his head on my shoulder and tensing up every single muscle as he hugged me in pain while he screamed. It broke my heart into a million little pieces. At first I thought he was over tired because we had just come back from doing some errands, but I knew that something was wrong because he was crying/screaming at the top of his lungs while he was lying down in his crib. Usually he pulls himself up and cries! I gave him Tylenol around 3 and after a little while he settled down while cuddling in my arms. I gave him his bottle (ate the whole 7oz) and put him to bed. He slept for a whopping 15mins before he woke up screaming again =( I called Colin & asked him to come home because I felt helpless and was so emotional. Once he saw Daddy he gave him a big smile! Daddy was the one that thought it was his teeth and once we saw his bum it confirmed the suspicion. He's got a bright red rash on his bum... poor thing, he screamed every time I tried to wipe the rash area. We sprayed some rash relief onto his bum, so hopefully that'll help him with that end of things.

Hopefully he'll have a good sleep tonight, but I doubt it.

No comments: