Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Nanny




YAY! We found the PERFECT girl to watch Robbie while I go back to work, her name is Angela. She's about our age and works from home specializing in marketing, she's VERY well spoken, energetic and most importantly, Robbie took a liking to her right away. Usually with strangers he stares them down and studies them for a good 5mins before he gives them a smile and continues on with his daily playing, with Angela he was showing her all of his toys within seconds. She fed him, she walked around the house with him... she really took charge and made it very easy for Colin & I to realize that she's meant to be with Robbie! Tomorrow I'm going to call work and see when they want me to start... I won't be starting 'til after next Monday, as we'll be out of town celebrating some birthdays.


Here it is 4:22 and my monster has been up for over 2 hours now. Why? I have no idea. He woke up and ate 6oz and then I put him back to sleep, he never did fall asleep and I was up again giving him Tylenol. We sat and read every book he's got and he watched my lips move as I pronounced every word, I'd give him a peck here and there and he'd give me a big smile with a little giggle. He obviously isn't hurt, he sat on my lap for 20mins reading books and kissing me! So I put him back to bed and he wants out, so I'm letting him cry it out. Lucky for me I get to stay up and listen to him cry =( I wish there was an easier way to do this...



We had a visit from Chris (one of Colins groomsmen) this past weekend, he was in town and wanted to pop in to say hi. Thanks to Chris, Robbie now mimics you when you blow raspberries! Robbie just gets spit everywhere (it seems to always get on my glasses) but it's so adorable. This is the first time he's tried to copy us, he still wont repeat words that we know he can say (mama, dada, hi) I guess he'll be the one to decide when he wants to play "echo" with us.

This weekend I got spoiled. Friday night I had a Stagette and Saturday I had a Bridal Shower (for two different brides) I was able to re-connect with a lot of girls that I haven't seen since I had Robbie. At first I think I was in shock, all these rowdy girls socializing and having fun... I honestly forgot how to. On Friday night I was ready to leave as soon as I walked in the door, I kept thinking about Robbie and how I left my hubby at home with the baby all by himself and how it's not fair to him because he just finished a long week of work. But after an hour or so I started mingling and relaxing. Colin did great w/ Robbie! Saturday I had to be at the Bridal Shower before Robbie's bedtime so I felt REALLY guilty for asking Colin to do the bath & bedtime routine all by himself (he's only done it one or two other times on his own) Colin called me shortly after 8 to ask me where the Tylenol was, I immediately panicked and asked if he wanted me to come home.. what was I thinking?! Being so selfish and leaving my family for a night to myself. I called Colin 30 mins later to see how things were and good ol' Daddy got him settled down for the night.

Well, it's 4:45 and he's quiet, almost 3 hours later! I'm heading to bed. Good night!

Before I go I just wanted to compare some pictures with you, look at how much he's grown!



No comments: