Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Monday, October 01, 2007

New Dayhome

Well after hours of contemplating if we should stick with the nanny or try our luck with a day home, we opted to go the secound route. The first day has come and gone and we're quite pleased with how it turned out. He napped once while he was there (which he's been doing for the past week and a bit) but the nap was only for 1 1/2 hrs, when he came home he didn't nap either! My one year old baby went the entire day with having less than 2 hrs of sleep!!! What really surprised me was how good he was for the rest of the night, you'd think he would have been a big fussy bum because he was over tired... but he was quite content playing by himself until 8:10 rolled around! I guess he did really well with his first day, him and another baby (just a couple months older than him) need to learn how to share but aside from that he was a happy and didn't give her any problems. I guess he didn't want to eat much while he was there... he wanted to boogy instead. I'm quite pleased with our decision, he's getting to that age where boundaries need to be set & social interaction needs to be learned.

He is fascinated with necklaces! I have a necklace that I bought for when I was nursing him (to keep his hands occupied) last year that he's taking a liking to, he's figured out how to put it on & off. He's quite proud of himself once he gets it on, he feels the need to strut his stuff around the house while pushing his grocery cart.


When ever I'm getting ready to go out & he's in the washroom with me playing with my jewlery and anything else he can get a hold of to entertain himself, he always stops and is mesmorized when I brush my teeth. He stares at me and studies what I'm doing... I think he'll soon like to brush his own teeth. Maybe we'll brush our teeth together to make it fun for him :)

The mornings are starting to get colder and I have yet to get Robbie all geared up for this winter, so when I go out for my morning walks with him I put him in his snowsuit that Grammie & Grampie bought him last year (it was way too big last year) Surprisingly it still fits! He's fine when it comes to walking in it but if he's on his knees he gets really frustrated as he just slips and slides everywhere.


I have to get myself adjusted to this one nap schedule of his, I'm use to lounging around in my pj's until he goes down for his 1st nap at around 9-10, but now he's up until noonish. So I can go out and do thinks with him and not have to worry about being back home for nap time within the 2hr limit!

No comments: