Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Friday, October 05, 2007

Time confirmed

This will probably be my last post before "D-Day". I just got off the phone with the hospital and we're to be there for 7am, he's surgery is scheduled for 7:40 am. He's not allowed to have solids/milk past midnight & he can't have water or apple juice past 5:30..... shouldn't be a problem seeing as though the surgery's so early. He's a lucky boy, he gets to bring Pooh with him!

Big weekend for us coming up. I work all day tomorrow, Sunday we're going over to my mom & dad's for a big family feast (Auntie Alison & "Uncle" Steve Parr will be there also). Monday will be "soak up as much love from Robbie as we can before his surgery" day and then Tuesday we're up bright & early for surgery. Please don't call us, we'll call you. We don't know how he's going to be once he's done with the surgery and we hope that you can let us have our time with our little guy as he recovers. We'll make sure to post updates during the healing process.

On to a happier story:

We were getting Robbie ready for bed one night & got him naked for his nightly bath. He ran away from me while I as putting his dirty diaper away and proceeded to saddle up onto his bouncing zebra (which he loves) He's bouncing and spinning around on it when all the sudden he does a semi dismount. One leg's on the ground and the other one is laying on top of the zebra and he pauses in this awkward stance. "What are you doing Robbie?" He had peed all down the zebra and onto the base of it! Not a prob, I go to get his baby wipes to do a preliminary wipe down, I come back with the wipes and there's a massive log sitting right beside the zebra! Hmmmmm was it the naked baby? or the plastic zebra? Hahahaha.

His speech is slowly improving. He's doing really well with the Fisher Price plastic phone, I'll make the phone ring and he'll pick up the receiver. I whisper "hello" to him and he's come close to replying with hello, he's even better at saying "bye bye" when he hangs up. You still really have to listen for it and he only says it when it's on his terms... but he's getting there =) Colin & I have started saying "I love you" to him over and over and over, of course it's a little long and complicated for him, but he answers us with three distinctive babble words... in time he'll pick it up.

No comments: