Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Monday, November 19, 2007

To start your day off

Well Robbie slept in today (again) so I was rushing to get him fed, clothed and out the door to get him to Patty's (day home provider) and then to get myself to work. So he finally wakes up and he's humming & hawing, usually I would leave him because he sometimes puts himself back to sleep for a little bit longer but we were on a schedule today. So I go in there to pick him up & he's laying on Pooh with his bum stuck up in the air, I gently rubbed his leg and he was quick to stand up and give me a big smile..... that's when I noticed something was wrong with his PJ's.


Yep, that's our monkey! I wonder when he pulled his arm out?! In the middle of the night? When he was mumbling before I went into his room to pick him up? Who knows... all I know is monkey was pretty proud that he figured out how to get that arm out!

I came home from work on Saturday and Colin showed me something new that he & Robbie invented. He sat down on the rocking chair & placed Robbie on his lap, he took off his wedding band! Robbie was quick to point his index finger and Colin put his ring on his finger. Robbie sat there staring at the ring and started "oooooooooooooooooooo"ing.... over and over and over. hahahaha it was so cute loud oooo's and then softer ooo's as he looked at the ring sparkling on his finger. He wanted to get off of his lap and run around with it but that's way too dangerous.

Robbie's been battling a little bit of a cold for the past week. He hasn't had a fever but he's had a runny nose (especially at night when he's tired) I remember dropping Robbie off @ Patty's two weeks ago and one of the little boys had a runny nose, so I'm assuming he got it from him.

Another new development, Robbie has shown interest in feeding himself!

We have discovered with him that we can only give him one food group at a time, if we give him all the options at the same time he'll pick his favorite and will only eat that one food group. So in this picture we started off with mashed potatoes and Robbie immediately didn't want to use his fingers, so we grabbed a spoon. We filled the spoon up with potatoes but he didn't want to take it from us, so Colin gave the spoon to him and lone behold.... he fed himself. He's still trying to figure out the proper grip and he needs some help with the scooping but he's figuring it out.

These are the times where we have a hard time believe that this use to be our little baby.

No comments: