Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Updates


I swear... I have a different toddler now. I look at him and I see such a grown up little boy who's understanding more and more words every day! "Robbie, it's time for bath" He drops what he's doing and runs into the bathroom and waits for you to start running the water! "Robbie, it's bed time" He goes into his bedroom making his "buh" sound. If he's ready for bed he'll open up the pantry doors (where his bottles are) and will continue to "uh" until I get his bottle for him. Sometimes if he wants to show you something he'll take your hand and lead you to whatever it is he wants! This morning I was getting Robbie dressed to go to the gym & I asked him for his shoes... he went into the basket that has all his shoes and pulled out his brown boots "no, not those ones" I said, so he turns around and grabs a different pair! I got some socks and a pair of Robeez and we sat down, I was telling him that we need to put his sock on before the shoe, he started making the shhhh sound "good boy Robbie, shoe" and then..... HE SAYS SHOE! Of course he made me look like a complete liar when Colin asked him to say it & he just gave him a smile.



Gido came to visit on Sunday, he got here right around 9:30... good timing because Robbie was still sleeping (crazy, huh?!) Robbie woke up shortly afterwards and they had some snuggles, Robbie was a little groggy from the long sleep. Guido fed him a banana and then Robbie got a little more pep in his step. He was quite surprised with how content and happy Robbie was! Robbie was quite happy playing with him and showing him all his toys. After Robbie had eaten and was dressed he went to the front door and told us that he wanted to go for a walk (I LOVE how he can tell me what he wants) So we got all bundled up and off we went to the park! Robbie got to go on the swings, slide... even the teeter-totter! Unfortunately the wind was horrible so it wasn't long until we headed back inside. We got back & we all had spaghetti... mmmmm. Robbie put on a show and every time he used his fork and ate what was on it he got massive praise from us, once we stopped clapping to continue with our meal he'd put his hands over his head and clap as if he was saying "don't stop telling me how good I am" hahahaha it was great.


His sleeping is still really wishy washy, last night was fantastic... he moaned a couple of times around 10 but I didn't hear him at all for the rest of the night! The previous night (Tues) was HORRIBLE, he was up pretty much the entire night & I tried to let him work it out by himself. Giving him a bottle if he wakes @ night is considered a reward, so no more bottles! I'm just going to go with the flow... if I have to get up 10 times to go in there and tell him to go back asleep, I will.

I did the unthinkable, much to Colin's dismay, I cut our monkey's hair! He looks like the same little man from the front but if you get a side profile or a glimpse of the back of his head you can definitely see a difference, this cut was long overdue!

No comments: