Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Oh Boy


So it's been a couple of days since I last posted... I apologize. My little monster of a child introduced me to something else... 4am! BOOOOO!!! Lately (by lately I mean 3 days) he's been going to bed between 830-930 and he's been awake at 4! Which is really good for him, but I usually don't get to bed until after my tv programs are done (which is usually around 11) So I'm going to ditch my shows. My sanity & sleep is more important than seeing who the bachelor is going to pick.

I just wanted to write a little blurb about Shari (Colin's sister) She was due Nov. 02 and her water broke on Oct. 23rd! She ended up having a C-Section because she wasn't having the contractions (even on pitocin) that they were wanting her to have & the baby wasn't descending. It breaks my heart when I hear that she's having a hard time in the hospital. I'm counting down the hours until they'll discharge her (hopefully tonight). The nights in post-partum are so hard, your not allowed visitors & you've got a nurse that's assigned to other patients as well as yourself... it's definitely a feeling of helplessness, I remember staying awake all night & staring @ the clock waiting for Colin to be allowed to come back and see me. She needs some good alone time with Kailey... and I know she'll get it. But I know how she feels when others want to hold your child and bond with it & you feel like you're getting jipped because you don't feel like you've got that special bond yet. Originally I wasn't going to see them until the holidays rolled around, but after talking with Colin we're going to take a trip up there (if/when Shair's ready for us) Jack hasn't met Robbie yet either... so it'll be fun! CONGRATS SHARI & JACK! Welcome to parenthood!



Back to my little monster. He's been holding up his head really well, so I thought I'd whip out the Bumbo to see how he'd do. The instructions say 3+ months... but I wanted to push the envelope. He seemed to really enjoy it, he got a little lazy @ at the end though and his head started to flop, but for his first time he did really well!










Hockey season has officially started & I've officially lost Colin. hehehe. Seriously though, Colins love for hockey has rubbed off on Robbie. He's wearing the "gear" when the Oilers are playing.... I still have to get him some flames stuff. He's got little Flames booties, but they don't stay on =(





We're having a bunch of people over for a little Halloween party, we're having a carving contest which will be a lot of fun! We get to see Jen, Max & Sophia again, we haven't seen them since our last birth and babies class (Sophia & Robbie are an item... hahahaha) You'll have to wait & see what Robbie's wearing for Halloween.
I've got to run & get myself ready for when the little guy wakes up. He's going to want my attention. I miss you all! Keep in touch.
Love,
Heather

No comments: