Colin & I were having a conversation about this... it's still disturbing me, so I thought I'd write about it seeing as though it's about babies.
I was on one of my pregnancy message boards and there was one post titled "schedule" so I started reading away and this mom was asking how she gets her little one onto a feeding schedule during the night (her baby was just a week older than Robbie) And all these ladies are replying saying that it's OK to let the baby cry! One lady said that with her older son she only wanted to feed him once a night so when he woke up she would let him cry until it was time to feed. ARE YOU CRAZY ?!?! These little humans have no other way of communicating with us except through sounds. When they cry there's something wrong.... and if they haven't eaten in 5hrs it's probably because HE'S HUNGRY!! I think it's so selfish for moms to deny their child food because they want a good nights sleep. My baby is constantly growing and going through growth spurts... is a 20 min feeding sufficient for 7-8hrs? If the baby wants more food, I say give it to them!
My 2 cents.


No comments:
Post a Comment