Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Monday, April 02, 2007

Slacking on solids

We've had such a crazy month I've been really neglecting Robbie's exposure to new foods. Now that all of our stuff is FINALLY over here & the old house is cleaned and done with, I can go back to introducing my little guy to different foods. We are in desperate need of food anyways so once he wakes up from his nap I'll feed him & then we're going to go on a big grocery run. Here's some new goodies I'm going to try & pick up:

papaya
avocado
pear
kiwi
tomato
yams
zucchini

You know what's funny... I've had 2 out of the 7 that's listed! I had to go online & research what I'm suppose to look for in these ripe fruits & veggies! I can't believe how picky I am!!

I was going through my baby cookbook and they have a whole new section for 7 months (yes, I realize he's almost 8 months) Looks like you can find me in front of the stove these next couple of days! The book says that @ 7 months babes can eat uncooked fruit that can be mashed. It also suggests adding unsweetened fruit juice to the fruit to make a fruit salad, I'm not keen on that idea... I've been told that fruit juices can lead to dental problems in the future. My thought process is that if it's not necessary, than I won't do it.

I'm also going to try & give him a sippy cup w/ water during his meals to help wash it down (once I can find it tucked away in one of the boxes). Depending on the food and consistency he sucks his fingers or bib to get more saliva so help get things down.

I'll keep everyone updated on the progress.

No comments: