Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bum Follow-up

Well the rash portion is gone but he still has a couple of open sores that just don't seem like they want to heal. They don't bother him like the rash did (except when it's time to wipe the tush) but the fact that they're not healing is making me wonder if it's something else. I've been doing some research & I realized that babies (even boys) can get yeast infections, I read that if it doesn't heal itself within 48hrs than it's probably something other than a rash. I've let him walk around 1/2 the day without a diaper (and cleaning up all the poop and pee trails left behind... blech!) and it hasn't seemed to help the sores in any way. Tomorrow morning I'm taking the monkey to the walk-in clinic, I couldn't get him in to see our Dr. until Monday... way too late, in my opinion.

He's doing so well with his walking! I took a video of it, we just need to get an adaptor to hook up to our new laptop so that I can download it. I'm finding that if he's already in the standing position he'll opt to walk, but if he's sitting he'd prefer to crawl. If he's trying to get somewhere ASAP he'll choose crawling as it's still the faster method.

We went for his 3rd ultrasound today. Geez, it gets so hard to keep him pinned down and happy... it didn't help that the ultrasound technician was a complete weenie. It took her 15mins and she gave up, she brought the doctor in and he found it within 2 minutes (no word of a lie). It's still where it was last time - high up. =(

He's started some new foods now that he's a year old. Tomorrow I'm transitioning him to whole milk, over the past week and a bit he's been doing 1/2 formula and 1/2 cow milk. He's been doing really well & hasn't noticed a change. He's LOVES peanut butter! It's so cute, he smacks his lips when he has it on toast! And lastly, Grammy made him a scrambled egg and he was in love with it. I tried to make one afterwards and he had no interest in it... must be the grandmothers touch!

No comments: