It's been a really crappy week for the Meating family.
On Friday Alison & I lost our last Aunt, we grew up being "her girls"... we had sleep overs, pool parties, and so much more. She had such an impact on my life & was like a second mother to me. Her husband passed away 10+ years ago and there was never a day that went by that she didn't mention how much she missed him... I hope she has found him & they're happy together.
On Saturday our family dog, Jake, passed away. He lived a fairly long and very happy life, he had the heart and the mentality of a puppy but his body was in poor condition and ended up failing on him. I remember when I was still living at home he'd nudge my bedroom door open in the mornings and would hop up onto my bed (it wasn't a big bed, it was a single) and would spoon with me while I was still sleeping. I use to love waking up to that guy (even if he took up 3/4 of the bed). The thought that he'll never greet me at the door when we go to visit is hard pill to swallow. I hope that there is life after death for him as well, there's nothing he loved more than to run around in the off leash area and chase balls. I hope he's running free right now.
They both played a major role in my life and I will never forget the past and the beautiful memories I have of both of them.


No comments:
Post a Comment