Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Happy April Fools


Hmmm where to continue...

Well the big boy bed was a complete success! He hasn't fallen out and he's very good about staying in bed until I go and pick him up. He's gotten out of bed once but he was so groggy that he wasn't able to open the door. I find that since he's gotten into the bed he moves around a lot more... I put him at the head of the bed and if I go in a check on him he does a complete 180. I find that because he's moving around so much he doesn't have the blankets on him so he wakes up and fusses until I come in and cover him back up. One time Pooh fell off the bed and he opted to fuss instead of reaching out and pulling him back up. I'm sure it'll change as he grows... and honestly, I don't mind going in there... it gives me an excuse to bundle him up, rub his back and give him another kiss!

We have so much playing on his bed together, he pretends to tuck me in and will say night night to me and then close the door behind him (he even gave me Pooh one time). Today he came back into the room and gave me a couple kisses on the lips... talk about melting my heart! His kisses are so grown up now, he doesn't open his mouth any more... he puckers up and gives a "mmmmmmmmmmmuah" while laying one on you. I love it.
Pooping on the potty was a complete fluke. He was having a bath one night and was playing with his toys when all the sudden he got up and squatting and grunting. I asked him if he was doing "doo doo"s he said yes. I quickly grabbed him and transferred him from the tub to the potty, unfortunately I wasn't quick enough as a couple of turds were floating in the tub and I was a little upset that I had to clean up the mess, so I told him to sit there. He sat there (dripping wet) for a good 2 minutes and started grunting again and produced 2 more logs. I made a big deal about it, we flushed the poop, did a dance and he helped me wipe his bum. I think I'm going to teach him how to wipe his bum when it comes to diaper changes, I want him to get excited when it comes to diaper changes!



For almost the past week we've been having eating issues with him. He wont eat what I make for lunch/dinner.... he won't even try it! He looks at it and shakes his head back and forth while saying "no no no no no", when I tell people what he's doing they think it's kind of cute and funny. It's very discouraging though, I keep on making these meals and he refuses it. I'm waisting so much food.
I struggle with not giving him what he wants but I think it's best to, if I know that he likes a certain meal and he refuses it because he wants some kind of bread, how is he getting the nutrients he needs? Makes me think that I've been giving him too much starch and that could be the reason why he's "overweight". Regardless, I've talked to our Dr and Patty (our day home provider that's been doing this for over 20 years) and they both said the same thing "if he's really hungry, he'll eat"and I agree. Thankfully, after about 3-4 days of battling with him, he finally ate what was being served for dinner!

I think he'll be popping out another set of teeth in the next little bit. Pardon the description; but his poops are pretty mushy, his cheeks have been pretty rosy lately... and it could be a reason why he's being fussy with his eating.

No comments: