
I discovered that a local children's magazine held this free children's fair every year so I thought
it'd be a nice little outing and a chance for us to meet up with the Meating family again. So off we went to the Olympic Oval in the University to see what this hoopla was all about. We met up with Grammy & Grampy and followed the wave of parents and kids into the Oval. Rows upon rows of booths, samples, animals, and demonstrations... I was in heaven, being a (fairly) new mom. There was everything underneath the sun slings, baby food, safety, boy scouts, etc etc... you name it and it was there!
There was a booth that specialized in the themed parties and they had all these characters walking around. Robbie had a great time with the storm trooper and Darth Vader! He wasn't spooked at all and (as you can see from the pictures) was very curious.
it'd be a nice little outing and a chance for us to meet up with the Meating family again. So off we went to the Olympic Oval in the University to see what this hoopla was all about. We met up with Grammy & Grampy and followed the wave of parents and kids into the Oval. Rows upon rows of booths, samples, animals, and demonstrations... I was in heaven, being a (fairly) new mom. There was everything underneath the sun slings, baby food, safety, boy scouts, etc etc... you name it and it was there!
There was a booth that specialized in the themed parties and they had all these characters walking around. Robbie had a great time with the storm trooper and Darth Vader! He wasn't spooked at all and (as you can see from the pictures) was very curious.The thing that caught my eye about this fair is that they had a petting zoo! We waited in line to introduce Robbie to a couple of VERY friendly goats. They came right over to us and started nibbling on my pants, I sat Robbie down so that he could touch them but he found the hay and saw dust more appealing. So I stood him up and had him pet the goat, while I was busy watching his one hand as he's petting, I didn't see that another little goat had gotten a hold of his other hand and was gnawing on it! These little goats have next to no teeth so it didn't phase Robbie at all.

We spent an hour or two there and then Robbie started laying his head on Daddy's shoulder, so we had to stop our adventure so that we could head home to put Robbie to bed. He was such a good boy on the way home, the only noise he let out was a couple of giggles here and there. When we got home I put him to bed and he cried for 20 mins until I caved and went to pick him up. With this little guy, it's all or nothing! I didn't end up having his 2nd nap which made for a lonnnnng evening for us, Mr. Fussypants was in full force! I took him for a walk @ 5:15 and didn't come back until 6:00 so that we could start the bedtime routine. He was a good boy for me while we went for a walk and we were able to give Daddy a time out. He fell asleep without a problem and had a good nights sleep!
On to foods. Well my little guy doesn't like tomatoes (I can understand why =P) I've made a tomato sauce and I've also made a lasagna for him. He refuses to eat the tomato sauce and immediately gets tight lipped about the situation, with the lasagna he'll eat a little bit of it but he's so dramatic in his ways! Once the food goes into his mouth, he'll open up his mouth and try and get the spoon full to roll out of his mouth or sometimes he'll cough while he has an open mouth and will choke on it. So for now I'm going to leave tomatoes alone. I made him "Roasted Veggie Mash" today and I gave him a little sample before I put it in the cubes, he seems to like it! It's got potatoes, beets, parsnip, carrot, olive oil and butter.... yummmmm.




No comments:
Post a Comment