Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

T-Rouble

Here I am sitting at the computer and making this latest blog entry at 1:47 in the morning. Robbie woke me up, I went into his room with a 4oz bottle and Tylenol to help him get back to sleep. I stumble into his bedroom half asleep and I look up and drop the bottles in shock... my little man was standing up on his crib, holding the railings and crying at the top of his lungs. There's another first... he's never pulled himself up from the lying position. I'd be filled with a little more joy if it wasn't the middle of the night. LOL.


This is the first time that Robbie's woken up in the middle of the night since the teeth made their grand appearance (yep, there's 2 of them now!) He was sleeping through the nights but daytime has been.... well, hell. Colin & I both caught a cold, I was fortunate enough to just get a sore & scratchy throat. Colin has been out of commission, so I've been the one "holding down the fort". He is hard to handle right now, he doesn't want to play with any toys, he doesn't like any teething toys, he constantly wants to be held and walked with. Today he's been shreaking a lot and because he mostly wants to be held he ends up yelling in my ear =( He's screaming when he's happy, sad, mad, angry, etc. It seems to be his way of dealing with the pain.

(This picture was taken on Friday, the day before his teeth made their official appearance)




I had to take Robbie to the mall this afternoon. It was raining today so we were confined to being indoors and Robbie needed to get his focus off of these teeth and the pain. So we went to the mall for a little over an hour so that Robbie could get out and do some people watching. He wasn't too bad, he didn't stay in the stroller for long before he wanted to be held... so I whipped out my carrier and put him on my back. He was fairly happy for the most part, he just didn't like it if I stopped to look at something. He constantly wanted new scenery.



Due to Colin's sickness, Robbie & Colin haven't been able to enjoy an apple like they usually do. We have to chop up the apple ahead of time instead of Colin taking bites out of the apple & then Robbie going in for the kill. Colin got excited today, he was holding a piece of the apple for Robbie as he was sucking all the juice out of it, when all of the sudden he felt scraping vibrations! Robbie was using his teeth! This picture is priceless, his first bite! If you look at it closely you'll be able to see 2 teeth marks.



Well it's now 2:19 and he's finally calmed down. I went back in there for a second time, I picked him up and rocked with him while I hummed, of all things, Christmas carols. It seemed to calm him down, he was quite content sitting in the rocking chair with me with his head resting on my shoulder.
*2:44 and he's up again. I'm going to stop doing the play by play. I think I'm jinxing myself.
**He didn't fall asleep until 5am. I'm completely drained.

No comments: