Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Thursday, May 31, 2007

What a cool age


We are having so much fun with him right now. He knows his name & every time you call him he'll turn his head around and smile at you before he continues to get himself into trouble. His newest thing is trying to grab a hold of the blinds and shake them, we retract them so that they're all gathered in the corner... but he still manages to lift himself up onto the entertainment unit which is right beside the gathered blinds. "Robbbbbbbbbbbbbie" (in a "what are you doing?" voice) He'll turn his head and look at us and I'll give him the most serious and stern look and say "no" and he'll give me a big smile with his 2 teeth and giggle as he goes back to shaking the blinds. I'm going to have to get something to pull the blinds off to one side so that they're out of his reach. He's getting smarter each day & figuring out ways to get himself into trouble.

A couple of nights ago we were feeding Robbie his bedtime cereal when he made the biggest mess.... on his face! I had the spoon by his mouth and I was patiently waiting for him to open up, he was so excited for the cereal his was whacking the tray with his arms... he brings them as high up as he can and then back down as fast as he can. One of the times he hit the spoon on the way up & the cereal go ALL OVER his face. As you can see from the picture he got it on his eyebrow, eye lid, eye lashes and cheek. We had to do a lot of scrubbing that night in the bath!

Robbie's sleeping schedule is changing... once again. For the past week and a bit he's been waking up around 4:30-5:00 am to start his day (eeek!) So Colin & I played around with his nap schedule and now we're quite happy that he's getting up later on ( around 6-7 am) He use to be awake for 2 hrs and then asleep for almost 2 hrs. Now he has his first nap around 10ish and sleeps for an hour and a bit and then he's up until 3! Goes down for a 2hr nap and is up until 8ish. We're both thriving on this new schedule. Yesterday I felt so alive, I had so much patience with him and I didn't feel overwhelmed or exhausted.

I took him to the zoo yesterday and we had a blast. He was so good! He spent most of the time in his stroller (which is unlike him, he usually is asking to be picked up after 30mins or so) I bought a membership w/ the zoo, so now we can visit as much as we like! The zoo lost another gorilla Tuesday night, it was sad to see all the gorilla's in mourning. He's noticing the animals a lot more, he was watching the baby Richard (the giraffe) as he was galloping all over the place. He kept running into all the other giraffes, it was really cute! He was also fascinated with the flamingos... maybe it's because of the contrast of their pink feathers and the green grass, but we stood and watched them for quite a while!

Today I'm planning on taking him to the pool. It's suppose to be 27 degrees today, it would be a great day to take him to the zoo again... but he spent about 2hrs in the sun yesterday so I think we'll opt to do something indoors for today.

Robbie is a crawling King! This morning he was playing in the living room and then realized that Daddy was awake, so he got up on all fours and crawled his way into the bedroom to see him. Colin picked him up and stood him in front of him. Robbie stretched his arms out and gave him a hug! He rested his head on Colins shoulder too! Needless to say.... Daddy was putty in Robbies little hand.

Robbie definitely makes it a challenge to do the simplest of tasks, like changing a diaper. As soon as he's got a clean tush he's gone! I had to take these pictures... they're just too cute not to share!



No comments: