So Robbie & I got ready for our appointment at 9:00am today. Got to the Dr's office on time. The receptionist tells me that our family Dr is "stranded" somewhere out of the country and that there would be another Dr seeing her patients... not a problem. What she didn't tell me is that the other Dr that works in the office is ALSO not there and that there's only one Dr seeing all the patients booked for today. I would have rescheduled for another day if I had known that I was going to have to wait with my 3 month old for an hour (grrrr) I wish they would have called me, I would have happily stayed in my PJ's & taken care of my baby rather than try & comfort him in a waiting room full of PO'd people.
ANYWAYS, we finally got to do his weight and measurements... he's it is:
Head: 17 inches
Length: 24.5 inches
Weight: 16.6 lbs
Colin & I whipped out the growth chart and it looks like he's in the 95+ percentile for weight!! and 90 percentile for height!! So Colin has every right to sing "My pet monster" to him! It was funny, the Dr was going through her questions: "Does he smile? Does he hold his head up? Does sleep well? etc etc" then she asks me if he eats well & I said "oh yeah!" and she says "so about 4 times a day?" HA! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! "No... he eats about 7+times a day" you should have seen her face.... it was awesome.
I talked to the Dr about my back. I was in a car accident in '01 and I have lived with whiplash, now that I'm lugging around a 16lbs baby... it hurts... it hurts real bad. Robbie loves it when you hold him and walk around until he falls asleep, he's very particular about the walking part... the minute you sit down he'll start screaming. This has made for mommy's back to ache! So I told the Dr about it & she suggested Tylenol & massage.... but that only seems to give my relief for that day & then it's acting up again the next day. So she gave me a Rx to go to the chiropractor, now I've got to do some research & find a good chiropractor!
Aside from that, things are going well. I think we're going to start doing an evening routine with Robbie so that he knows when it's bed time: bath, eat & story. We'll see how it goes!
I forgot to mention... his left nut still hasn't fallen =( We're still waiting for it to make it's appearance. I think I'll have a nut party when we end up finding it!


No comments:
Post a Comment