Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Monday, November 06, 2006

We made it!

Here I sit in front of our lap top in Manadlay Bay @ 5:22 in the morning. The sun hasn't risen and neither has Robbie. All 'n all he had a pretty good flight. We tried to plan it so that he was eating as we took off... it's hard to plan with an infant, that's for sure. We were waiting for an 1hr 1/2 before we were able to board, baby got really fussy before we boarded because he hadn't eaten in aprox 4hrs. I was able to get him to fall asleep on my chest as we boarded... he woke up once the propellers started up. I didn't want to push my luck with him so I started to feed him as they pushed us away from the gate. Luckly we were able to get 3 seats! (makes the world of difference) Time went so slow! I was trying to time the take off with his eating so that he would pop his ears... little did I know that they had to de-ice the plane first. So he ate like a monster & was just finishing up eating as we were taking off. He did pretty well, he had this "what the hell?" look as we kept getting higher. I was lucky enough to have these two prissy (&#@@^ that sat in front of me & in the middle seat. They were nice enough to recline their seats... so my little space that I had to sooth my baby just got that much more smaller... lovely! About 45mins left in the flight he got super fussy, he didn't want anything to do with me... thankfully dad could put him on his lap & soothe him. As we started descending you could tell it was bothering him, he didn't want to eat so it made it that much harder. I ended up getting up in the isle & swaying with him & he fell asleep during the descend and arrival!! He wasn't sucking on anything!

Once we got settled into our room (which we're not too happy about) we thought we'd put him in the stroller & let him fall asleep as we checked out the hotel... Robbie had other plans. He screamed bloody murder! He was so tired and we had been waking him up here & there so he just wanted to crash... and after 6-7hrs of sleep, he's still sleeping! We were able to get a play pen (pretty much identical to our pack 'n play) which he's sleeping in. We brought a couple of blankets from home, so he seems pretty happy in there.

Well, I'm going to go check out our view & enjoy this sleeping baby. Just wanted to let everyone know that we got here safe & sound!

No comments: