Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Worst Night Ever

Ugh. Where do I begin?

Colin & I were tested by Robbie today in a way that we have NEVER been before! Just a bit of background, baby usually has a 1-2hr nap in the morning & in the afternoon. Around 9am he had his 2hr nap... aside from that, he had about a 1/2 hr nap around 6ish. That's it! So needless to say, this kid was insanely tired come the evening. WE TRIED EVERYTHING to get him to sleep. At first we thought it must be gas, so we gave him some gripe water & I tried manipulating his legs/tummy to get some toots, but he was still mad at us. So then we thought maybe it's the teething thing, so we gave him some Tylenol... nope, he freaked after we gave him that. I tried feeding him but he just screamed SO loud! I even cracked open a can of formula, thinking it was something I ate (I had nothing out of the ordinary) but he wouldn't eat the formula. Tried swaddling, singing, rocking.... nothing worked! His cry was turning into the cry I heard the day he got circumcised. It's so frustrating and hard to try and console a baby that doesn't even know why he's crying!! Eventually we went into the bathtub... HALLELUJAH! He stops crying & starts smiling at me. His eyes are all red from crying & his eyelashes are all clumped together because of his tears. So we played in the water for a bit to try & soothe him. Once we got out of the water we were back to square one again.... the kid would not stop screaming! I offered the boob again & he took it with much hesitation. So I stood up & started walking with him while he nursed. He finally fell asleep on the boob.

Colin & I are SO exhausted from this. I'm off to bed now that I've vented.. I'm pooped.

No comments: