Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Like son... like father

Just as Robbie's on the mend the other man in my life gets sick. I feel so bad for him, he's pretty much quarantined himself away from Robbie and I. No kisses, hugs, bath time, etc... I can't imagine how he feels.



Robbie's doing much better. He's pretty much caught up on his sleep, which is always good. He's got a pretty big rash on his tush because of all the poops (he has anywhere from 2-4 poops a day!!) and all the wiping. It doesn't seem to hurt him, but I've been putting some rash cream on it as well as giving his bum a little air time... seeing as though he LOVES being naked, he has no problem flaunting himself to me.

Yesterday Grammy, Robbie and I had a date. We went to a movie! Another first for Robbie!! We went to a "Stars & Strollers" show that accommodates moms and their babies. They had a fold out table for changing the babies and plenty of space to park the stroller inside the theatre. It was fun! All these little babies, some brand new and some running/crawling up and down the isle (that mom didn't get to watch much of the movie) We picked two seats that were right up against the wall and I'll definitely sit there again, they dimmed the lights but I was still able to see Robbie (we were right underneath a light) & play with him while watching the movie... it seemed a lot darker in the middle of the isles. Robbie was quite intrigued with all the sounds coming from the big screen, he sat there for a little while & just watched! We saw Dreamgirls, not the best movie to go see with a baby... the whole story line is in lyrics which is hard to follow when you've got a tired or wet baby. I think I'm going to do it again tomorrow, alone. It's at a theatre that's closer to the house & it's in a mall. We'll see how tonight works out... I've learned that planning only goes so far when you have a baby that constantly throws you curve balls.


Robbie's getting so good at holding his own bottle! I bought a new cereal where you add milk/formula as opposed to just adding water (what we had before) So I always seem to have an ounce left over so I give it to him through his bottle... he loves to feed himself. He gnaws on the nipple for a bit and then tilts the bottle up when he wants some more milk then goes back to chewing on it (better the plastic nipple as oppose to me!)

No comments: