Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Welcome to 2007!




Another year gone and another new year full of unknowns ahead. I can't wait to see what 2007 has to bring to this family!

My birthday was really nice, Robbie and I spent the day with Grammy. We went out to Airdrie to check out a new baby store and then went to a kids friendly cafe. We had so much fun! The cafe had exercaucers, bumbos (the baby chairs that allow them to sit up unassisted) and for the older kiddies there was a massive jungle gym, slides, costumes, puppets, etc etc It's a really good way to casually meet other parents and their kidlets. Afterwards, all the family (including "Uncle" Steve Parr) was over in the afternoon to wish me a Happy Birthday. Grammy, Grampy and Stuncle Paul stayed at our place to watch Robbie for us while Colin took me out for a nice dinner at The Keg! I splurged and had a strawberry daiquiri before the meal.... it tasted soooo good! I wanted another one, but the baby feeder in me told me no. It's a good thing I didn't have another one, we came home to a crying baby that had been inconsolable for a while. I grabbed him from Grammy and he immediately stopped crying (that made me feel so good, to know that he recognizes me and that I can automatically comfort him) We gave him some gripe water and then fed him, within minutes he was out like a light. My poor parents tried everything: Tylenol, Bath, Walking, etc. He's been having some wicked gas lately so that must have been it.






Grammy offered her services on New Years Eve as well, so Colin & I decided to go see a matinee at 330. At 6 we got a call from Grammy saying he hasn't eaten since we left & hasn't slept much. So we left the movie (got to see 90% of it, so not a big deal) to take care of the monster. My mom seems to think that he's going through a phase where all he wants is me. He hasn't been overly possessive and he's really good when daddy spends time with him, so I think he might be playing strange to some people that he doesn't see on a daily/weekly basis. Who knows!


On a more positive note, he's been doing well with his sleeping habits. He has about 3 or 4 naps during the day for about 30-60mins, in the mornings he can even put himself to sleep! (I think he prefers it to falling asleep while eating) So I think in the weeks/months to come he'll put himself to sleep in the evenings too... hopefully! *crossing my fingers and toes*


Robbie has officially discovered the dogs. He reaches out for them when he's sitting in his bumbo. The dogs will come up to him and will walk by him so that he can pet them. Robbie was pulling on Emma's ears this morning and was pulling on Tonka's jowls yesterday, it didn't even phase the dogs! I knew that they'd be very passive with him... I just wish I had a leash for their tongues! The dogs have this freaky radar, as soon as Robbie spits up they're right there trying to lick it up (gross, I know!) The thing is they try & lick it off his lips... needless to say, I don't allow them to get that far. I think with time they'll learn what areas they can and cannot kiss.

No comments: