Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Sunday, January 28, 2007

"Squeaks"

That's our new name for Robbie. It seems as the days pass he's exploring how to use his voice and all the pitches it can reach. He talks to us through squeaking (rarely babbles), what's funny is if you repeat the noises that he makes he'll squeak back and have a conversation with you!


Yesterday I introduced Robbie to oatmeal, he seems to really like it! I'm going to wait about a week before increasing his quantity, I want to make sure he doesn't have any allergies to it. Babies, of Robbie's age, aren't suppose to have any more than 1/2 cup (8 Tbsp) of cereal in a day, so once we know for sure he doesn't have any allergic reactions, we can increase the quantity. So, for now, the daily menu is:


Breakfast: 2Tbsp rice cereal (add milk/formula)


Lunch: 1Tbsp oatmeal (add water)

Dinner: 2Tbsp rice (add milk/formula)


At first I was trying to pump enough milk so that I could add it to the rice cereal but I quickly realized that it just won't happen. When Robbie caught that bug it affected his appetite which in turn affected my milk supply, I'm taking Fenugreek again (the herbal supplement to increase milk supply) but I think I'm going to go off of it tomorrow. For the past couple of days I've had to give Robbie both sides to fill him up, but this morning he seemed to be quite happy with just one side.



On another note, I picked up some swim trunks (and swim diapers) for our little fish, the trunks fit him perfectly! I can't wait to get him into the pool!



No comments: