Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Monday, January 22, 2007

Spoke too soon!

I tell ya... I jinxed myself on that last post! I'll try and update everyone the best I can but my days are all blended together and the past seems like such a blur.

Saturday
He was in good spirit but you could tell he was a little "off". We did our bed time routine like we always do but instead of putting him to bed I rocked him to sleep in the lazy boy. He was up at 9 to eat and went down fairly easily then was up at 10 he didn't want to eat but I could smell something rancid coming from his lower region.... lone behold he had a major poop. (This is when the fun began) I tried putting him in his crib to sleep but hated that idea, his cry turned from a sleepy cry to an "I'm PO'd" cry. So I picked him up and rocked him in the chair, he would start to fall asleep and then would wake up to toot and start screaming again... obviously something wrong with his tummy. He ended up falling asleep on my chest, I waited until he was in an obvious deep sleep and then put him down. Around.... 1(?) 2(?) He woke up crying again, he had another poopy diaper. So there I sat with him rocking him back and forth while he let out toot after toot =( He kept crying while he nestled his head into my shoulder as he was overtired and feeling yucky. Colin was woken up by all the crying so he stood there and talked softly to Robbie with me, Robbie was quiet while daddy was looking on but as soon as he left Robbie started to cry again. So I asked Colin to stand there for a little bit until he calmed down. Robbie refused to sleep in his crib, every time we put him down (sleep or awake) he'd wake up screaming. Honestly.... I don't remember how the rest of the night went, I was that tired. I think Robbie got about 5(?) hrs of sleep.










Sunday

Well this was catch up day. Robbie napped for longer periods of time to make up for lost sleep from the night before. We rented a movie and stayed home. We felt like zombies. Again, I don't remember a lot about yesterday... I know I was able to get the guest room ready for Nan (she's coming to visit Feb. 03), I made chicken fingers for dinner and I did some laundry. I was preparing myself for another night like the previous night, Robbie & I were going to sleep on the lazy boy as that's where he seemed the most comfortable. Turns out I was able to rock him to sleep well enough that it didn't bother him to be in his crib. He woke up 3 times last night to feed & took a little bit of effort to get back to sleep, so each time we were up for about an hour.

Monday
Today Grammy came over to help out. She played with Robbie (and cleaned!)while I relaxed and tried to catch up on some sleep. I got a little bit of sleep, but I'd rather spend the time with my family instead (call me crazy). This evening I put my foot down with Robbie! We had done our bed time routine and it was time to go to sleep, so I thought I'd try rocking him like he had liked in the past.... his majesty didn't like it, he wanted to be bounced. So I scooted to the edge of the chair and started bouncing and realized that my back was starting to act up, so I tried to slowly transition the bouncing into rocking..... nope! As soon as the swinging started and the bouncing ended he was crying again. The pain in my back reminded me of the sleeping issues we had with him before & I WAS NOT going down that road again. So I put him to bed and sang him a song and kissed him goodnight. He cried for about 10mins before I went in there to offer him some food and to make sure he was okay. He ate, I gave him some Gripe water and then he went back to bed. He cried for another 10mins and then fell asleep!

I feel so bad for Colin, his weekend was a complete flop because of Robbie's situation. I know that it's part of the package when you have a child... but I just wish we had some kind of sound proof room so that he could get at least one good nights sleep.

No comments: