Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Monday, February 05, 2007

6 month check up & more

Well I'll start with his stats:

...............2 Months...................4 Months.................6 Months
Weight: ... 14lbs 1oz............... 17lbs 8oz ............... 20lbs 1oz
Height: .... 22 in ...................... 25 1/4 in .............. 27.25 in
Head: ....... 41.5 cm ................ 43 cm ................... 45.2 cm

He is in between the 90-95 percentile for his height and weight. I guess we're doing something good because this kid is thriving.
Robbie was really good during the entire visit. He was sitting up and playing with the table paper and was able to make a huge mess (hmmm imagine that!) by wrinkling the paper and trying to stuff it in his mouth. I told her about my past issues with him sleeping and how we've already introduced cereal to him and she said there was not a problem with that. She says that we can start veggies anytime, we're to start with the green veggies, then yellow, then red (the sweetest) after veggies we can move into fruit. I picked up a book that tells me to start with fruit because it's sweeter than veggies & he'll be more interested in eating solids because of the sweetness. But, like Colin says, we're going to go with the Dr's advice on this one. I can add breast milk/formula into the veggies to make it more appealing to him. On another note, the nut still hasn't descended. I've got to book him for another u/s to see where it is, she said that if it's still not there by his 1yr appt then he should go for surgery to fix it =(

I think I can officially say that he wakes up once a night! You have no idea how excited I am to say this. He seems to get up around 3 or 4 and is back asleep until 7! YAHOO! Thank you Robbie!

Nan came to visit us this past weekend, we had so much fun. For the first couple of minutes Robbie just sat on her lap and studied her with a serious look on his face but it wasn't too long until Robbie back to his normal self giving her tones of smiles, giggles and screams! She says he's definitely gotten bigger but is facial characteristics haven't changed. He's still the Grandson she remembers! On Saturday night we all went over to Grammy & Grampy's house for an AWESOME dinner and ice cream cake. Mmmmmm! Robbie was a little hard to put to sleep while we were over there & woke up so we had to cut our visit short. That night was a little odd, he woke up at 12:00 to eat and was up again at 12:30! Seeing as though he had drained a boob there was no way that he was hungry again, I gave him some gripe water and he didn't even want the whole 5mL, he probably drank about 3mL and then turned his head into his Pooh and went back to sleep. He woke up around 4 for another feeding and then woke up around 6:30 to start his day.

Yesterday, after Nan left, we went to go visit Jenn & Bryan and stayed to watch the Superbowl. Robbie was so good! He fell asleep on my lap (without crying!) and I was able to put him down on their bed and he slept for about an hour. Once he woke up he was pretty poopy and wanted to be in his own crib, so we left. I stayed up late last night... I had a serious tummy ache and wasn't able to sleep until it passed, so I ended up giving him a dream feed at 11:45! He woke up at 12:15!! What?! Noooo. I walked in there and gave him some gripe water and he was quite happy falling back asleep. BUT... he was up at 12:30! ACK! There's no way that he was still hungry so I decided to just wait and see if he starts crying or if he just babbles himself to sleep. Thankfully, he fell back asleep. He woke up around 4 to eat and was up again at 5. I'm teaching myself to wait until he calls for me (a distinct "I'm hungry" cry) instead of running in at the first noise he makes. It's good to know that he can entertain himself and is able to go back sleep on his own.

He is definitely a different baby compared to a couple of months ago. He's a lot happier, more alert and more sociable! He's not clingy and doesn't seem to be "making strange" with people.

I'm dreading this Friday.... his 6 month shots. I hope it doesn't throw him off of his sleeping schedule. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: