I was laying in a hospital bed and going through the motions of giving birth. Can you believe it?!
Today has been a great day, those shots have been a saviour this time around! I know for his 2 & 4 month shots he was very "needy" and was very hard to keep happy. This time it's a COMPLETELY different story! Last night I gave him a dream feed around 11ish, at 6:00am I woke up and ran into the nursery as my mind goes through all these horrible scenario's as to why he didn't wake up to eat. I slowly peek into his nursery and there he is with his Pooh on top of his face and his little chest is rising and falling. I think I woke him up when I closed his door to go back to bed, so I fed him in the rocking chair in his nursery and then we started our day, while Daddy slept 'til 9!
He was SO happy today! it was probably because he had 2 naps that were 3hrs long! I gave him Tylenol once yesterday because his forehead was fairly warm... aside from that, you'd never know that he had his shots yesterday =)
A couple things that I forgot to update you guys on:
- we raised his Jumperoo up another notch, he's now bouncing on the 3rd level out of 4
- we've cut down his cereal intake. I'll admit, I got carried away with the cereal. Milk (breast of formula) is suppose to be the main source of nutrition until they're a year old. Now he gets 2Tbsp on oatmeal in the morning & 2Tbsp of rice in the evening.
- we've picked up a bunch of veggies (some neither of us have had before) and we're going to start testing it out tomorrow! We're going to start with green beans....mmmmmm.
- he now knows that high chair = yummy foods. Before I had to coax him to stay in there with toys while I mixed up his cereal, but now he sits there with his mouth open and arms reached out.
- Robbie doesn't need his bottles heated up! He's quite content drinking it at room temperature.
- I'm starting to toss around the idea of weaning him, I'm not too sure when though.
Because he's reached this big "land mark" I started thinking ahead to his first birthday. What kind of a party are we going to have? Should we get him a cake? What kind of cake? I really don't want Robbie to be exposed to that kind of sugar at such a young age... so what's an alternative? Ice cream cake? (I realize it has sugar too but at least it's got dairy in it) I'll have to look into this one.


No comments:
Post a Comment