HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!
Yesterday Robbie & I put on a mini birthday party for Colin. We were going to do it on his original birthday (the 30th), but unfortunately he got home around 8pm so Robbie & I postponed it to the day after so that Robbie could take part in the festivities!

It was a really nice night, Colin was able to get off of work @ 3 because of all the time/effort he had put in the previous day. So he was welcomed home with a wife and son wearing party hats and Superman balloons floating around the house. I made him his favorite dinner (chicken curry & rice) Then it was time for cake... mmmmm cake, I got it from the same place that the girls got my baby shower cake from (Cakeworks). Good lord, did it taste good! It was a marble cake with a picture of Colin in net with Oilers gear on... I was VERY impressed.Robbie was nice to mommy last night. He went to bed around 8.... I woke him up for a feeding @ 9. He got up ONCE at 3 and then fell back asleep until he was ready to start his day at 6am! WOOHOO! Thank you Robbie! He was in such a good mood last night, he kept on giggling and flirting with us.... Colin and I just sat around him for a good 30mins and just looked with him in awe. We say it all the time... we are so blessed to have such a happy, healthy and smart baby!
Robbie's newest thing is sticking out his tongue. Whenever he's trying to figure something out or try to reach at something he'll stick his tongue out a little bit. It's so cute. He is still squeaking, but not as much as he use to... I guess the novelty has worn off. He's back to babbling and drooling through his conversations.
He's doing really well with sitting and I've realized that I haven't been putting much effort into his crawling. I tried to put him on his belly yesterday & he started crying hysterically.... so this is my new focus, crawling.
Nan arrives on Saturday, via bus, to help us celebrate Colins birthday with the rest of my family. Robbie can't wait to see her again!


1 comment:
Colin's becoming an old man :) hehehe still older then me :P
Post a Comment