Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

OUCH! Who taught you how to do that?!

He's biting my nipple!! ACK!

It's almost like he's doing it to get a reaction out of me. Last night he was up at 12:00 for a feeding, when he wakes during the night I don't like to look at him while he nurses (unless it's a dream feed and he's already asleep) because I don't want to get him happy, excited, etc so that he won't go back to sleep. Last night he was WIDE awake (AGAIN!) while I was nursing him, I could see him out of the corner of my eye, as he's smiling and trying to get my attention. I kept on looking forward so he started to slap me in the chest & face, and would pinch me with those sharp little nails! I stood firm and kept looking away while I grabbed his hand & held it... so what does the little bugger do?! Bites me! Let me tell you... I'm sure it hurts during the day when you're wide awake but I was half asleep and was fairly relaxed... it hurt like hell! I looked straight at him and said "no" and took him off the boob... well that's exactly what he wanted, he got my attention, so he started laughing & smiling at me (it's funny now but I was so livid at the time) After a couple minutes I offered him the boob again & went back to staring off into space... he did it again. (This is a little graphic) It's not like he's biting the entire nipple... he's biting the tip! OWIE

After I realized he was awake I gave him some Tylenol & put him back to bed. He freaked... he thought we could play like the night before. Sorry kid, no way am I going to encourage this habit! So he cried & cried, Colin ended up sleeping downstairs because he was making such a fuss. I waited a while and when I realized he wasn't going to put himself to sleep I went in there & nursed him until he was calm enough to put himself to sleep.

I am exhausted! I hope these teeth get here soon! He's such a needy baby right now, he's happy playing by himself for the first 30-45mins after he wakes up from a nap but then he wants to be held and wants things a certain way, if he doesn't get his way he whips out "the lip" and starts crying (I'll admit... he gets the lip from me)

No comments: