Here we go:
................At 2 months........ At 4 months
Weight: ......14lbs 1oz........... 17lbs 8oz
Height: .......22.5 inches ......25 1/4 inches
Head: ..........41.5 cm ...............43 cm
Which means he's in the 90th percentile for both height and weight & in the 75th percentile for head circumference.
He did really well with the shots. They stick 2 needles in on thigh & 1 on the other thigh, he was perfectly fine with the first needle but as soon as she stuck that second needle in he started crying =( Nothing that a little food couldn't take care of, though. After he ate he was smiling for all the nurses.
Last night he woke up & 3 for his feeding, I brought him to bed & fed him thinking he'd go back to sleep like he usually does... NOPE! Mr. Gabbypants wanted to tell me about his dream, so I took him into his room & sat with him in the rocking chair while he talked to me & played with my fingers. I knew he HAD to be tired so I kept the lights off & turned the noises off. He was showing signs of being tired but didn't want to sleep in my arms, so I figured I try something new instead of pacing around the house with a fussy baby... I put him in his crib & turned on his mobile, he didn't make a peep! He played with his fists for a bit & then was out like a light! So I think that's the key... he needs to be calm, not over tired & over stimulated. I'll admit, I've been in front of the TV watching my shows while I've been trying to get him to sleep.
So even though I haven't had much sleep today... I feel great because there's hope that someday down the road I won't dread bed time.


No comments:
Post a Comment