Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Not Robbie related

I'm sorry, but this post isn't about our little guy. I just found out that an old high school friend of mine has passed away... and that she had a year old daughter that died with her on Christmas Eve. I wish I had known about her passing, I would have gladly put my Birthday celebrations on hold to pay my respects to her.

I found out about her death through the news paper while visiting my parents, here's what it said:

"The lives of a Calgary mother and her young daughter cut tragically short on Christmas Eve won't soon be forgotten, hundreds of mourners at the pair's funeral heard yesterday.

As tearful family members walked into the crowded McInnis & Holloway Chapel of the Bells at 2720 Centre St. North to the strains of Celine Dion's A Mother's Prayer, tributes poured in for Courtney Schenck and her one-year-old daughter, Hannah.

Garth Schnurer, Courtney's uncle, said the 28-year-old single mother loved her daughter fiercely and both were beacons of light for those who knew them.
"Both of these young ladies touched our hearts and will be with us forever."
Schnurer said Courtney was a competitive ringette player and gymnast who had a zest for life that was mirrored in her young daughter, who only recently turned one.

The pair were found dead in the bathtub of their Panorama Hills home by a family member on Christmas Eve after it was believed Courtney suffered a seizure and her daughter was unable to fend for herself.

Schnurer described Hannah as a "perfect little angel" and said Courtney's determination and sense of humour will be greatly missed. "

What a way to find out about a friend having a child. I knew about her fight with seizures but she always made them out to be no big deal... I guess they were. I'm not much of a religious person, but I hope God has a place for these two ladies.

R.I.P.

No comments: