Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Sunday, December 10, 2006

*sigh*


He's officially 4 months old. I'll sound just like every other mom when I say he's growing up so fast!!


What have we been up to lately.... lets see. Seeing as though the weather has been abnormally warm, Robbie & I have been going for walks every day! He loves it! I think the only thing he'd complain to you about is getting sun in his face, it makes him sneeze! Luckily we've got a canopy on our stroller that can cover his face when we're walking into the sunlight.



We have officially boughten Robbie his next car seat. We're going to try & assemble it tomorrow! It's a 3-1 car seat, it's a rear and forward facing car seat... which should last until he doesn't need the extra protection (goes up to 100lbs) I'll try & take pictures of it once it's installed. I'm REALLY excited that I don't have to lug around that heavy infant seat anymore! Think about it... this kid has to be at least 17 lbs now (was 16lbs 6oz a month ago) plus the weight of the car seat itself, it's a work out that's for sure! It seems like everything is a workout with him. At the end of the day my arms almost tremble because I've been carrying around this monster of a baby.


Today I discovered a new game with him... We (as in I) sang "The wheels on the bus" he giggled SOOOOO hard! I think he liked the actions more than my singing... but he got a big kick out of the whole thing.



This morning we went to go to Symantec's Christmas party for the kiddies. It went fairly well! They had a duo come in & had an interactive singalong session about hibernation (it sounds dull but the kids seemed to really enjoy it) All the kiddies got a gift from Santa & it was a hit! It seemed like they were all screaming with excitement that they got what they wanted. Robbie got a little scared with all the screaming and laughing and he let out a couple of cries, nothing that a couple of cuddles couldn't cure =)



Robbie has started talking to us too! When he wakes up from naps he likes to have conversations. He mumbles and then pauses and waits for you to respond, so I usually try and repeat his sounds and then wait for him to start up talking again. It brought me to tears one day... my son is actually trying to communicate with me through sounds rather than cries! He is so intense when he talks to you, he looks straight at you... sometimes he'll crack a smile, other times he's got such a serious face on.


This week is the start of the holidays for us, we've got so much going on:

Tuesday AM - Robbie gets his 2nd round of immunization shots
Tuesday PM - I have an appt with EI (I've been "randomly selected" to prove that I have a child & that I'm not abusing the system)


Wednesday AM - Pick up Christmas pictures
Wednesday PM - Mail out Christmas cards

Friday AM - Colin has an appt with the Dr
Friday AM/PM - Grammy's coming over to help me with some Christmas baking

Sunday - Heather's Christmas Party

Monday - Uncle Paul arrives

Thursday - Dogs go to the kennel & Uncle Paul's birthday (I don't think there's enough fingers and toes to count how old he is!! hehehe)

Friday - Colin's Christmas Party

Saturday - Head up to Leduc to start the holidays!


Needless to say, I'll be happy when every thing's done and I can sit back and enjoy the holidays with our families!


I'll update tomorrow on what his new height/weight is!





No comments: