Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Holidays

First off... thank you SOOOOOO much to everyone that helped make the holidays so special for us! It was so great to spend time with the relatives and to introduce Robbie to some key members of the family.

Robbie was great during the day, while in Edmonton. He was smiling, talking, standing (assisted), etc etc but unfortunately the nights were a different story. Instead of waking up to feed and then falling back asleep like he would usually do... he thought it was time to party. After the 3rd night of being up half the night trying to get him to sleep we decided to head home after we did presents on Christmas day (we were going to stay until Boxing Day evening). Luckily, he was able to spend some well deserved quality time with his Nan, Auntie Shari, Uncle Jack & Cousin Kailey! (I'm so sorry to everyone else that wasn't able to see him, I hope you understand our reasoning for leaving early) He was really good during the drive home, we stopped in Red Deer to have the little guy stretch his legs... out of allllll the restaurants in Gasoline Alley, only one was open. He was really happy to just lay on the table to kick around. We decided to arrive on Grammy & Grampy's doorstep for Christmas dinner. The reaction we got was priceless (they thought we were going to be up in Edmonton until the 27th) Grammy's tears started streaming down her face... it was beautiful. Robbie's sleeping schedule was all wonky, he didn't have his 4pm nap but did fall asleep @ 7, right before dinner was being served. We stayed there until 9 and decided to wake Robbie up and take him home.. of course he woke up as we got home. So I drew a bath for him (he had been having showers for the past 3 days) and we had a blast in the tub, Grammy had gotten him so floating toys that squirt water and I think that I had more fun with them than he did! He kept reaching for the toys as they floated away and kept sticking them in his mouth, it was a great bath!! On to the good part, WE HAD A GREAT NIGHT!! He woke up to eat and I brought him back to bed and fed him and he zonked right out again.... WOOHOOO! I feel great! Colin's still in bed (it's 8am now) catching up on the lost sleep.

Up next... MY BIRTHDAY! On December 30th I'll be 28 years old. I definitely don't feel old... I guess that's all that matters.

I'll sign off by wishing everyone a happy holidays and all the best in the new year! I hope your holidays were as memorable as ours were.

No comments: