Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Monday, December 11, 2006

Sleep Time

I get SO frustrated when it comes to Robbie's bed time. He cries & whines & cries & whines... he doesn't let me sit down (unless I'm on the exercise ball jumping up and down) and he constantly wants to be rocked, bounced, etc. I need to teach him to self-soothe... sounds easy, right? Nope =( He doesn't particularly like soothers ( I'm going to buy every brand I can find to see if there's one that he'll take to) and he doesn't seem to enjoy being swaddled these days.

What is a mom to do?

I don't want my child to cry every night when bed time rolls around! And I don't want him to rely on me to be the one to put him to sleep. I guess it's just a matter of trial and error. We have a routine w/ Robbie: Bath, Food & Story (if he's up for it when that time rolls around) I'm wondering if I should start the routine earlier (we start the bath at 6:30 and he's usually asleep around 7:30), so that he's not so over tired. One of my books also suggested to get a soft blanket for him to snuggle with... I saw a mini blanket (super soft) at Old Navy that I'm going to get for him. If anyone has any wisdom or advice... I'd love to hear it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that it was okay to let them cry for a little bit so that they know every time they cry they are not going to be tended to at every beckon call or cry I should say.

Anonymous said...

Logan was the exact same way. He is finally getting used to falling asleep without us around.. actually just last night was the first time!! It gets better!! Sounds like you have logan's twin so if you have any questions.. don't hesitate to call me or email me!!