Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Diapers, Walker, Home, Sleep and more!

1) Diapers - we've moved up another size! I thought that he wouldn't have anymore poonami's now that he's having "big boy" poops.... I was wrong. A couple of days ago I had 2 poonami's in a row! Today we went to Toys 'R Us and picked up some Pampers Cruisers #4 (we were using Pampers Baby Dry but Colin felt the need to get Cruisers as he is now starting to "cruise")

2) The main reason we went to Toys 'R Us is to get Robbie a little walker to help him along with his walking. My back aches because I'm constantly bending forward and holding onto his hands while he struts his stuff around the house, so I figured we should pick up something to aid him. At the moment he'd rather chew on the handle bars but it won't be long until he figures out how to balance and maneuver this sucker around.

3) We've found a new place to call home! It's in the SE part of town called Inglewood. It's fairly smaller compared to what we are living in right now but it's a newer complex and has two large bedrooms and an attached garage! The floors are heated & that is how the townhouse produces it's heat... via the floors, so it'll be REALLY nice on my feet (I have frostbite on my feet so they are the first to go cold!) There's a bird sanctuary about 2 mins away that I've never been to but I'm sure Robbie would LOVE to check out all the birds and I guess we're just minutes away from the zoo too! Woohoo! Downtown is a 3 minute drive so it'll be perfect come Stampede time!

4) For some reason he hasn't been the best sleeper and I've ended up bringing him to bed with me a couple times the past couple of nights. For some reason he's been waking up every 1hr or so and the only thing that will settle him is if he nurses! He won't eat much... it's more a comfort thing. I don't know what's the root of this problem, I figure it's just a phase. Last night when he was sleeping with me (Colin slept downstairs so that he could get a good nights sleep) Robbie slept on his side facing me & a couple times during the night he woke me up because he was having bad dreams!! He was so sweet and innocent, I kept hearing this light moaning and whimpering so I gently rubbed his back until he settled back down.

We've introduced him to apples.... and of course, he loves them =) He smacks his lips every time he gets a spoonful, it's so adorable. He's not nursing not nearly as much as he use to, which is a little discouraging. Today when we came home from being out and about I pumped 6oz because Robbie wouldn't nurse =( He had a couple ounces of formula when he was visiting with Grammy & Grampy today.... maybe I should try formula during the day and nursing during the night. I try to get him to nurse before his solids but he won't... but as soon as the fruit/veggies are in front of him he's all for it!

Swimming went fairly well, we had to wake him from his morning nap so that we could be out of the house @ 10:00 for our 10:45 class, so needless to say he was a little poopy. Grammy & Grampy got to come see him in the water and that was great! They had us put on PFD's (Personal Floatation Device) one for baby and one for mommy. I put Robbies on first and let him float around me while I put mine on... well Robbie didn't really like the fact that I wasn't holding on to him so he does what he normal does when he's PO'd, he arches his back.... wooops! There goes his whole head under the water! So then he got even more PO'd that he got his face wet, so what does he do? Arches his back! hahaha. So after the second time I had gotten my PFD on and we were floating away together.

Last, but definitely no least.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANA! I hope we get to see you soon so that you can see how big your great grandson is getting! Have a great birthday party & we wish we could be there!

No comments: