Story time:
Yesterday afternoon I had Robbie in his Bumbo sitting on top of the dryer as I did some laundry. He was bored and kept looking around trying to find something to get into, so I introduced him to the light switch! He sat there at eye level and watched me turn the switch on and off. Then all of the sudden he whacked the light switch and turned light off! He couldn't figure out how to turn the light on, by flicking it upward, but he mastered turning the light off. We had a strobe light in our little laundry room! hahaha.
He was really good for me last night. He went to bed around 7:30... he woke himself up @ 9pm but quickly put himself back to sleep again. I gave him a dream feed when I went to bed @ 10pm and he didn't wake me up until...... are you ready?!..... 2am!!! wooohooo! Then he was up at 3 & 6 and didn't start his day until 8:30! I felt soooo good waking up this morning.
Robbie & I have a new ritual when he wakes up in the morning, I bring him into our room and I pull up the blinds and we watch the kids walking to school and all the cars driving by. Our head board is up against the window so he holds himself up on it while he watches everything going on outside. He gets SO excited, especially when he sees a dog being walked and a car driving by. We went to Bo Bebe (specialty infant store) today, I know one of the girls that works there and she was introducing Robbie & I to the owner of the store... she (the owner) was shocked to hear that he was 7 months, she thought he looked more like a 9 month old and when Robbie started strutting his stuff around the store she said she has never seen a 7 month old in her store walking as well as Robbie is. Those are the kinds of comments I love to hear, I must be doing something right!
I'll try finding the video camera & see if I can hook it up to the laptop (what we're using at the moment) if it works, I'll do a walk through of the new place to show you guys what we've done so far.


No comments:
Post a Comment