Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Monday, March 19, 2007

Home Sweet Home

We're officially living in our new home! Woohoo!

Saturday:

Grammy & Grampy watched Robbie while Colin & I packed and picked up the U-Haul. We had 3 of Colin's ball hockey team mates come to help us load all of our bear necessities into our U-Haul. We packed the living room, Robbie's room, our room & computer room... this new place is drastically smaller than the other house so we're going to fill the townhouse with what we need and then re-assess how much room we have and what we can bring with us and what we can chuck (we're a bit of "pack rats" anyways.... so it'll be good for us!) Once everything was packed up we drove the truck over to our new place and backed it up to the garage where there was just inches in between the two (so that people wouldn't steal any of our stuff). We drove back to the house and spent the night there. We slept downstairs in the guest room & I brought Robbie's pack 'n play and he slept in that. I didn't have much of a sleep, it reminded me why we got a new bed in the first place. It's got a permanent dip in the middle of the mattress from when Colin was living the single life & had the whole bed to himself! So after midnight I opted for the floor and did get some shut eye around 2am. Robbie was a challenge, because he was sleeping so close to us there was no way I was going to let him whine his way back to sleep... so I was up a lot that night feeding him (which didn't matter that much because I was already awake).

Sunday:
We got up around 7ish and got Robbie fed, dressed, grabbed some of the essentials & we were off to our new home! Robbie had a nap soon after we got to the new place, he slept for almost 2hrs so I was happy that he was able to catch up on some sleep that he lost the past couple of nights. Around 11:30 3 of Colin's co-workers came by to help us unload all of our goodies, it went fairly smoothly. We had a chip on our vanity & Robbie's dresser but aside from that everything made it in one piece. The big puzzle right now is where to put our living room things, this living room is drastically smaller than our previous one so we're having to put our love seat in our bed room. We had a good nights sleep last night, Robbie's room isn't directly across from our room so I set up the baby monitor so that I could hear him throughout the night. I quickly realized I can't have it too loud or else I'd stay awake all night listening to hims toss & turn & moan. He went to bed @ the normal time (7:30) woke up @ 9 & 10... I fed him at 9 but when he woke up at 10 I listened to him through the monitor, he moans and groans and groans and moans... I thought he was going to wake himself up with his moaning but he fell back asleep! He didn't get up until 12 and then again at 3! I'm going to leave him in his pack 'n play for a couple more days so that he can get more accustomed to the idea of sleeping in it.

Colin is back to normal working hours. They've been so good to him, they took everyone out for lunch & bought them beers to thank them for all their hard work. They had a talk with Colin & they were so impressed with the work he's been doing so he's now a team leader! He's got 3 people that report to him now & if all goes well then he'll be getting more responsibilities. Even though they've been very demanding they've been really grateful of all his time and effort his put into this project & they said he would be rewarded. He's really lucky to be working for such a big company that recognizes his work and rewards it. I'm so proud of my guy!

No comments: