Well the computer is going to be disassembled tomorrow morning so I thought I'd get one little post in before we move most of our stuff to our new home!
Yesterday I tried to introduce Robbie to chicken. The baby cookbook that I have said to put the chicken in a frying pan & fill it up with water until the chicken is submerged. They suggested putting Tarragon in it so that it's not too bland and so I did because I've had boiled chicken before and I refused to finish it. So I boiled 2 breasts and then used my new blender (a Kitchen Aid - Costco purchase) The blender was a little noisy but aside from that it was awesome, pureed it it no time! So I put a little dollop on Robbie's plate along with apples & oatmeal (I know, they don't really go together... but I was too excited and didn't want to wait for lunch!) So I started with the apples "mmmmm" his face says, then the oatmeal "yummm i like it" and then the chicken "texture of cereal.... wait.... what is this goop?!?!" and he proceeds to gag in disgust. It was so funny! He ate the little dollop that I put on his plate but I had to mix a little apple & cereal with it. I'll go back to chicken in a couple of days.
Last night was horrible. He's got me wrapped around his little finger and I'm pretty much at my whits end. He wakes up to feed (which is totally fine with me) and then I put him down and he appears to nestle his head into Pooh (like he always does) and falls asleep.... but not even 5-10 mins later he's up again! It's not shrieking, it's just little whines & cries. I give him Tylenol, I shush him and I try and let him work it out.... but just when I think he's asleep he starts back up again! I can't get a good nights sleep, every time I get woken up by him crying I get this horrible nausea feeling in my tummy. I ended up just staying awake at one point because I hate the fact that he's teasing me! Once we get into our new place I'm going to put him on schedule, I'll feed him twice a night and if it's not time to eat then he can put himself back to sleep. Currently, half the time he gets up to eat he doesn't eat for longer that 5 mins before he's zonked out (or so it seems) I've tried tickling his toes, cheek, etc to get him to wake up a bit to eat longer... but he's not hungry! My son is one big puzzle. I didn't give him any chicken today because I want to is if it played a part in last nights fiasco (although I doubt it).Ahhhh the joys of mommyhood.



No comments:
Post a Comment