You have to see it to believe it: We've been singing that song on and off again for a while now, yesterday Grampy had Robbie on his lap and started singing pat-a-cake and Robbie started clapping on his own without any instigation! At first we thought it was just a fluke but as you can see from the tapes, he's associated that song with clapping! He is so smart.
Grampy was also sticking Robbie's limbs underneath the kitchen faucet, he's in awe over the sounds the splashing water makes. When I sat him in the tub last night he saw the tap and reached his arms out towards it... he might as well have said "water" LOL. So I turned on the tap and he stuck his hand in there and sat there in complete silence as he studied the water running down his hand and the sound it made when he had his hand in the stream. He took his hand out and noticed the sound was different.... so he grabbed a tub toy and kept putting the toy in and out of the stream to see the different sounds it makes.
Today gave me more confidence that we'll be able to travel for the holidays. We were visiting Grammy this afternoon and he was due for a nap, in the past I would have given him a boob whether he wanted it or not so that it would knock him out & he'd sleep in my arms, so today we went upstairs and I sang him my one song that I sing him during the day and tucked him in. I left a little crack in the door so I could watch what was going on, he fell asleep without crying!! It was a good nap too... between 1-2hrs! woohoo! So know my final test is for him to sleep in the pack 'n play. Once we move to the new place it'll be a perfect, a new room and a new place to sleep... if that goes well then it's a "go" for the trip.
His appetite doesn't seem to be all there. He doesn't nurse as much ( which means full boobs for mommy) and he's not eating all of his solids, like this morning I usually give him 2 Tbsp of cereal & 2 cubes of fruit... he probably ate about 1/2 of it. Maybe he's FINALLY starting to slow down in regards to his growing... haha, right!
OH! One more thing to report.... his hair! It's finally growing in! It's so adorable, he has bed head in the mornings! It's still really fine and really blond, but it's definitely getting longer. I love running my fingers through it. At night time when he's nursing and sleeping I keep rubbing his head and playing with his hair... I'm sure with time he'll find it soothing.(You can see the bed head in this picture if you enlarge it)


No comments:
Post a Comment